Talentcor Victoria is now accepting resumes for the full-time position of Finance Clerk. This one-year maternity leave coverage could be just what you need to get your foot in the door of this unique Crown Corp!
Located in beautiful Brentwood Bay, our client supports the Indigenous culture. You will be offered a friendly & collaborative work environment, competitive salary, benefits, pension and optional flex days.
Your Responsibilities will include:
* Codes, posts & processes AR & AP
* Monitors overdue accounts & deals with customers
* Assists Financial Manager with monthly AR & AP reconciliations
* Prepares payments to vendors & balances cheque runs
* Completes monthly bank reconciliations for approval
* Handles cash receipts, prepares cash deposits & banks cash deposits
* Verifies procurement approvals, does account coding, processes procurement records & does related filing on a timely basis
* Responds to internal and external inquiries as required.
* Processes payroll, completes & submits all remittances for source deductions, employee benefits, workers' compensation & taxes as required for review
* Generates T4's & T4A's for staff & contractors respectively after calendar year end & prepares the related submissions to CRA
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Grade 12 supplemented by 1 year of post-secondary training in an accounting program & 2 years related experience in a similar role, or an acceptable combination of equivalent education, training or experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
You possess demonstrated ability as outlined below
* Familiar with the MS Office
* Previous experience with computerized accounting
* Familiarity with Adagio & Paydirt an asset
* Experience with payroll entry, processing & related government reporting
* Experience working with First Nations communities an asset
* Strong organizational skills
* Good verbal & written communications skills
* Excellent team player
* Demonstrates ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure
* Demonstrates ability to work with sensitive & confidential information
* Demonstrates attention to detail
Please submit your resume to Rose Arsenault via firstname.lastname@example.org
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|