Recreation Sport Volunteer - Badminton (Substitute)
Downtown Victoria YMCA-YWCA
Hours: Mondays 8:00pm - 10:00pm
Wednesdays 8:00pm - 10:00pm
Nature and Scope:
The Recreation Sport Volunteer - Badminton (Substitute) provides excellence in customer service and support, to the members and participants of the badminton program. Reporting to the Program Coordinator - Children's Recreation Programs and Adult Recreation Sports, the volunteer in this position will facilitate a badminton program while maintaining a friendly, welcoming and safe environment following the rules and guidelines set out by the YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island. The volunteer will provide excellent customer service to all members.
The Recreation Sport Volunteer - Badminton (Substitute) must be able to work unsupervised, commit to at least one volunteer shift a month, must stay up-to-date with all certifications and training required for the volunteer position, and must maintain open communication with the Program Coordinator - Children's Recreation Programs and Adult Recreation Sports regarding program operations, absences, or
concerns as they arise.
- To coordinate recreational badminton while following the rules and guidelines set out by the YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island.
- To create a safe, friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
- Provide participants with information on equipment set up/take down, rules, techniques, safety precautions and game play.
- To ensure excellent customer service is provided.
- To maintain and develop relationships with members, participants, staff and other volunteers within the YMCA-YWCA.
To view the FULL volunteer posting, including the Responsibilities, Qualifications and Application Instructions, please visit:
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|