Recreation Sport Volunteer - Walk/Run Group Leader
Downtown Victoria YMCA-YWCA
Hours: Mondays, 5:30 - 7:15pm
Nature and Scope:
The Walk/Run Group Leader provides excellence in customer service and support to the members and participants of the Walk/Run Group. Reporting to the Program Coordinator- Children's Recreation Programs and Adult Recreation Sports, the volunteer in this position will facilitate a Walk/Run Group
workout while maintaining a friendly, welcoming and safe environment following guidelines set out by the YMCA-YWCA of Vancouver Island.
The Walk/Run Group Leader will be based at the Downtown Victoria YMCA-YWCA facility. This person must be able to work unsupervised on Mondays from 5:30-7:15pm.
- To facilitate a group workout through the neighbourhoods surrounding the Downtown Victoria YMCA-YWCA centre.
- To create a safe, friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
- To provide participants with information on techniques and safety precautions.
- To ensure excellent customer services is provided.
- To maintain and develop relationships with members, participants, staff and other volunteers within the YMCA-YWCA.
To view the FULL volunteer posting, including the Qualifications and Application Instructions, please visit:
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|